Health and Safety
The continuing success of Price Twa relies on maintaining a work environment that aims to be free from health, safety and environmental risks. I therefore place a high priority on the provision of workplaces that are safe and without risks to the health of all Price Twa employees, sub-contractors, client’s employees and members of the public insofar as they may be affected by our activities. In achieving this, Price Twa will endeavour to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation that may be relevant and introduced.
I recognise that high standards of health, safety and welfare are an integral element of effective business management and contribute to the operational efficiency and profitability of the Company.
While ultimate responsibility for health and safety within Price Twa rests with me by virtue of my position as Managing Director, and Managers are to ensure that departments and contracts are adequately managed and re-sourced to reduce the risks to the health and safety of our employees and others who may be affected by our undertakings.
The continuing development of a positive safety culture depends on the involvement of all employees. I therefore require the provision of necessary communication and the co-operation between individuals and groups. This communication will allow for the passage of information on all matters related to health and safety and allow employees to raise safety concerns.
In addition, the availability of competent personnel at all levels is critical to safe and healthy working. It is the responsibility of all levels of management to ensure that personnel they put to work are trained to work safely.
While I will use my best endeavours to ensure that a safe and healthy workplace is provided, all employees should be aware that they also have responsibilities to comply, as far as possible, with all requirements placed on them to ensure their health and safety.
I will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable that:
- Safe and healthy work methods and conditions are provided and adopted.
- All statutory requirements are observed and are treated as the minimum standards to be applied to all work activities.
- Employees are made aware of potential hazards and the precautions to be adopted, by providing information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Steps are taken to identify the immediate and underlying causes of work related injuries and implement the necessary preventive action.
- Employees are actively encouraged to participate in health and safety arrangements and submit ideas and suggestions for improving standards.
- It is also expected that employees work safely and have regard for the safety of others working around them, or who may be affected by their work, and to inform their supervisor or manager of any change in their physical or mental condition that may affect their health or safety while at work.
As its business activity changes in nature and size, Price Twa will continually review and update this policy and supporting management systems. As a minimum, it will be reviewed annually. This policy and any revisions are to be brought to the attention of all employees.
Positive health and safety throughout Price Twa is the responsibility of all employees and I require your co-operation in developing a safety culture that expects safe and healthy working and a zero accident rate to be the norm.