22 Jul 2016
Our Air Handling Units are proving a popular product within our ventilation range. Energy savings combined with improved indoor air quality are benefits most AHU systems offer, but new requirements have been introduced by the ErP (Energy related Products) Directive to reduce energy use and increase the share of renewable energies by 2020.
Listed below is a summary of ErP requirements for AHU systems:
• All units must be equipped with a variable speed controller
• TVE systems must include heat recovery with a thermal bypass
• Fans are bound to a maximum internal SFP with a minimum static efficiency
• Filters must be equipped with signalling
• 67% Plate/Wheel heat recovery efficiency and 73% by January 2018
The goal is to encourage manufacturers to offer products designed to reduce their overall impact on the environment throughout their entire lifecycle. We have ensured all our Air Handling Units meet these requirements and are aware that improvements are expected throughout the three phase plan as most of our Air Handling Units already comply with ErP requirements set out for 2018.
If you are interested in our Air Handling Units, you can find more information HERE where you can also download our latest brochure.
Alternatively call us on 01934 835900 and speak to one of our technical engineers.